Thursday, October 30, 2008

Trunk-or Treat







Each year, our ward (church congregation) celebrates Halloween by providing a fun, safe place to dress up and get candy. In order to get adults there in the festive spirit, they ply our competitive natures by offering food and prizes for decorating the car. Not ones to pass up a competition, Nate and I decided that this year was the year - we were going to win that trophy. Nate is great at getting the theme and I'm great at ideas. He is much better at implementing and I am a fabulous nagger. May I present the 2008 "Best Decorated Car" from the Memorial Park Ward Trunk or Treat...














Our jackets say "FORENSICS" across the back, and Ben's shirt says POLICE. Our friend who is an arson investigator donated some evidence bags and we came up with the rest. The CD player played "The Who" songs which are the theme music from all 3 CSIs. Nate and I fingerprinted suspects in between offering candy body parts out of the evidence bags to the little trick-or-treaters. (We had some back-up candy for the squeamish ones". It was great fun.







































3 comments:

Rebecca and Co. said...

You guys are over-achievers. j/k I'm jealous. Happy Halloween!

michaela hoenigman said...

Great idea! We are inspired!

Kayla Moncur said...

Hello! I'm putting together a post on Halloween decorations for your car for Babble.com. Would it be ok for my to include one of your images in my post? I'll credit you and link back to your blog. If you have any questions, please email me at Kayla@frecklesinapril.com. Thanks!